Location: Houston, TX
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION DIRECTLY HERE.
The Field Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the investigation of Homeowner’s large loss claims in and around the Houston, Texas area where the Company provides coverage. The Field Adjustor will develop facts of loss, analyze policy coverage and make damage assessments, develop subrogation and salvage opportunities.
Essential Duties & Job Responsibilities
- Timely investigation of assigned Homeowner claims to establish cause of loss and subrogation opportunities. Ensure that evidence is properly maintained.
- Required to meet Company timelines for contact, inspection and reporting.
- Perform timely investigation to determine if coverage is available on each claim in accordance with policy and endorsement provisions.
- Prepare damage estimates for appropriate scope of damages and unit costs.
Compose professional claim letters and verbal correspondence as needed throughout the course of claim.
Recommend indemnity and expense reserves as a claim develops.
Maintain an effective claims diary to ensure timely claims resolutions.
Coordinate strategy with defense council on litigated files.
Provide excellent customer service by setting expectations with customers and delivering on those agreements.
- Work effectively with external business partners for appropriate handling and resolution of the claims.
- Strong communicator; provide excellent customer service, and have the ability to effectively mentor.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- BA/BS preferred or equivalent experience.
- Valid Adjustor’s license in states working required.
- Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina and South Carolina licenses are a plus.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in handling homeowners claims, understanding of state statutes and good faith handling practices.
- Basic understanding of residential construction and repair/replace techniques.
Skill in effectively negotiating and settling homeowners claims in accordance with policies and procedures.
Litigation experience is a plus.
Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook, competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
Set high personal standards and consistently achieves set goals.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Able to safely and successfully perform the essential job duties of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and personnel.
- Occasionally lift medium to heavy objects.
- Able to climb ladders onto roofs and work in crawl spaces to inspect damage to houses.
- Friendly, polite, organized and efficient.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Adhere to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.